Thursday, 28 February 2008

unsung heroes

Didn't realise how much the news earlier was going to affect me. I've always maintained that I'd accept the outcome with the same humour either way, obviously I wanted to be successful but realised given the circumstances I knew I may not be. I still thought if it went against me there were plenty other things I could turn my hand to. It was only today when faced with the reality of the situation that I began to comprehend just how much this means to me. I need to pick apart why that is and whether the hatred of my current role is intertwined. Maybe then I can begin to reassess and redirect my energies. Today, however, everything began to unwind in front of me and I found myself reeling from the news. Having absorbed it (or so I thought) I then returned to work for an hour before realising that the sinking feeling was getting worse, that I felt like I was being crushed by it. I made my excuses and bolted home where I knew Carla would be during her lunch. She read my face and was perfect, I was destroyed. I've complained a lot since being here and she's supported me regardless but today she excelled herself and did everything possible. I can't be devastated for long with someone like that beside me.

My rock, mi novia, mi amor.

No comments: