Friday, 22 February 2008
In the name of the wee man......
Must vent. Can't sleep. Stupid late and comp is on mute with the brightness waayyy down. Can hear it whirr away when open new apps. Maybe that's my imagination. Trying not to wake Carla but figure I may have done that when made a racket openin bedrom door. Sorry the nov. Found out that my bike is cursed. Waited 9 months to get it initially, moved to Spain and now find out it will cost over £200 to ship it here! *sigh* at least Carla is entertained by the twists of fate I seem to encounter, be it bikes or just life in general. As long as she's happy. Had at least 18 ideas for getting my bike out or finding a substitute but only a few made it past the filters that separate mouth from brain. (These are necessary for someone of my disposition and fail so often that people question if I even have them) The strongest contenders, as if anything thought up at half 2 in the am is remotely feasible during daylight hours, are that I wait for my family to come out in April and bring it. This benefits from simplicity but strains my already thin patience. Or through newly made friends in Madrid can solicit a man with a lorry to bring it to Madrid. Again relatively straightforward but may also be April before it would happen. Potentially might be able to borrow a demo bike from Trek out here until come back/get bike brought out in April. Sounds good but how likely, even with the Spaz's intervention? Finally (for now) I have been offered, very generously I should add, a bike to borrow by Krien (granted proper name privileges here) which he would send from France. However, in a twist of genius/madness I have asked if he still has an old steel hardtail I know he once owned. which he could send with fork and front wheel. i could then get my finishing kit sent out from home (and get my new ss 240 on a *gulp* 26" rim)and use that until I go home for SSUK and bring my ferrous to Spain. Clearly the most complex and least sensible option and therefore the one I'm most keen to bring about. The benefits are small (except a Blizzard is the first bike I remember seeing and properly being obsessed by) and the complications multiple. Still if it was easy it wouldn't be as much fun, eh? I should have better things to worry about. I do have better things to worry about. This can't be normal. Still, who aspires to normality?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment