Monday, 23 March 2009

slow down

[Non uni related post warning]

After rattling off several photos over the last 2 weeks and thinking there were a lot of half decent ones. Looking back over them on flickr I'm starting to think I was too quick to judge them, it seems a new body and lens has an inherent learning curve. Some have come out ok, most are reasonable after posting what I thought was one of the better ones on a forum for feedback someone pointed out a really obvious (now) patch of light behind the subject making it seem like they're wearing a hat! So this week I will be mostly looking and not taking. Want to replace the 28mm f2.8 with a 35mm f2, much prefer the field of view to the 50mm and for the amount of silly dark shots I take an even larger aperture is necessary. Then I'll need to start hammering out a few hundred pics to get a handle on that lens. Hopefully after that I can settle into a relationship I was beginning to have with the d40/50mm set up.

No comments: