Had an excellent weekend devoted to seeing friends, Friday night having dinner with Alex and Sandra lubricated by wine and whisky, Saturday we had lunch with Olga and Pavlos, I met Eric for a beer and then yesterday we hooked up with Rubén and José for lunch and cake. Superb.
Today started well, the class was relatively quiet and paying attention while we went through the timetable and menu and then Anás woke up. He's an awesome kid who got a rough time last year because he doesn't always listen, sometimes he found his hands more entertaining than the class, hell sometimes he found a piece of lint more interesting, and he would shout out (wrong) answers at inopportune moments. Little has changed.
I brought him to the front to tell me whose turn it was to do the weather and the date today.
"Anás and Fiorella."
Then he sat down. The entire class called his name and told him to go to the front, so he did. In order to illustrate names belonging to people I asked everyone in the class whose name was David to raise their hands, myself and the only student called David did so. As did Anás. Cue more shouting of his name from the mob who were caught between laughter and anger at him. I asked him if his name was David.
"Yes!"
"You're sure? you're sure your name (pointing at him) is David?"
"Yes." (nodding hard enough to shake his teeth loose)
"Your name is David?"
"Yeeees."
By now the class were in the aisles wetting themselves and I was beginning to wonder if his name actually was the same as mine, so I moved on.
"What day is it today?"
"David."
Somedays you teach a kid the difference between right and wrong, other days you're just happy when they know their own name.
No comments:
Post a Comment