Sunday, 15 March 2009

the end

Well it's finally over. Sort of. My last interview, this time at Nottingham, was on Thursday and marked the last part of the process for me. It was a wicked way to end, the panel were lots of fun and cracked a couple of jokes, made me feel at home and gave lots of little nods. I was pretty shocked and held my breath waiting for the difficult question to come up but it never did. Or if it did I never saw it. I asked the 2 big questions:

Is there anything I've said you'd like me to expand upon?

No, I think you've covered everything.

Are there any weak points in my application that would prevent me from studying here?

Well it's all relative; if we have 2 Nobel prize winners applying your chances are slim but if we have slavering psychopaths then you've probably got a better chance.

Bloody hell! Bring on the psychopaths! So all in all a great way to finish regardless of the outcome especially given I'd considered not turning up for this one given how badly things went at Newcastle.

In other news I am the proud owner of a cheap and cheerful 28mm fixed lens and a not so cheap 50-150 f2.8 lens as well as a new fujifilm s5 body. Only proble is I'm helping Carla with her work for the next 3 hours...

2 comments:

G said...

Got my fingers crossed for you big guy! also, congrats on your little bundle of joy- the S5 that is!

badger dave said...

ta matey! yeah its a monster compared to the d40 and haven't used it in anger but first impressions are good. just weighing up what fixed will suit me better, 35 or 50....