Tuesday, 30 March 2010

Riding!

At flipping last. Dug out the cross bike (fly still in disrepair) and headed off to a local woods. I'm still not sure about public access down here but I practiced my blank look so if stopped I could plead ignorance. In the end I didn't see anyone. Well not people at any rate, I did watch 15 dogs cross my path and disappear into the forest. Riiiiigggght. That'll probably be a shoot then. I turned round and took the long way round before finding myself facing a path I hadn't encountered before. With time and light on my side I ploughed on and ended up on some back road, it was lashing down but it felt great to be out on the bike especially as I didn't have a clue where I was at that point. A short while later I recognised where I was-right back at where I enter the woods! So I dropped back in to rattle around a few trails before setting off home. Felt pretty done in when I finally got back in the house but totally worth it. Just wondering how many more I can fit in before term kicks off again...

not a pretty picture but the only one I have

No comments: