Tuesday, 2 March 2010

pyscho somatic

Managed to tie myself in a bit of a knot this week. Came back from the second decent run last week, felt a bit tight but ok and later that evening crouched down to sort the telly only to hear a crunch noise come from my achilles. I felt sick but no pain, breath, breath ok no pain. For the record we're looking at that area of the body this week so there was always a chance I'd get sympathy symptoms.* Later the same night as I went upstairs another cracking noise but again no pain. By now I was freaked out, the achilles is my pet fear of injuries so this was winding me up no end. Got to uni the next day all good and then walking downstairs another pop noise, even my mate heard it. Seriously worried now so end up walking like a gimp.

Days later still no pain but makes weird noise if crouch down so I spoke to the physios that were teaching us today. It was clear they thought maybe I'd lost but were helpful nontheless so I've got a few exercises to do to test it and advice on how to feel the tendon for lumps and bumps. Assurances that whilst not to push it that it shouldn't go if have helped with my head side of things but fingers crossed can still make the kilomathon next week.

In other news I managed to emabarass myself again this week: Today I was playing* with a reflex hammer whilst listening to a physio explaining how to use them only to watch the head of said hammer fly across the room and skelp her in the chest :O

*Wish I could say I was using it properly but nope I was playing :(

No comments: