So today marks 4 years of me and the nobber* I think we can safely say we've given the relationship a proper workout, went to India for 8 weeks after going out for 6 months, moved in together 6 months after that and have been living in Spain for 8 months so far! I think she's done very well putting up with me and more than that encouraging me to take on challenges I would otherwise have neglected. She corrects me when I'm wrong (hardly ever happens mind you, ahem) straightens me out when I talk shit (happens more) and picks me up when I'm down. Best of all she never tries to change me (beyond getting me to clean the flat more) and, seems to at any rate, accept I'm a cynical, cycling forum addict with a reformist agenda and the time but not the inclination to act upon my instincts who will be unlikely to have a proper job before I'm thirty and even then probably work as something that demands more of her than me. It's a pretty sweet deal, besazos for the nov.
So I marked the anniversary with a special t shirt celebrating her meerkat fascination. I tested the process with an axis of weasel proto, I think it worked out rather well....


*nobber is derived from novia, Spanish for girlfriend (and worryingly, bride) and because in Spanish a v sounds like b I bastardised it to nobia, nob and nobber. It does cause some confusion when I shout 'nobber' across a shop and my girlfriend comes bouncing across (actually she sidles rather than bounces) to people's horror.
2 comments:
They're cool! Did you sew the weasel/meercat on? oh yeah, congrats on your 4 yrs.
cheers, no it's spraypainted with a homemade stencil. Planning on adding 'axis of weasel' at some stage
Post a Comment