Wednesday, 22 October 2008

infection

Mum and Stuart paid us a flying visit over the last couple of days which was really nice, especially as the weather held. They even came in to my school to see the tiny tearaways I teach and read a couple of stories. They were impressed by their level of English if not their behaviour. Later we were shopping for food that Mum and Stuart could take on the train down to Alicante when I was hoking through halloween stuff that I could use for school. Mum said I'd been 'infected' by the teaching bug and couldn't wait to tell my sister, another teacher. Damn I hope she's wrong.

They were good enough to bring out a pile of stuff including coffee, comics for my private tuition and some bike bits. I got hold of a (ridiculously overpriced because the bcd is weird) chainring for the ferrous, partly because the one I have is wearing out (though not as much as I thought) and partly because I'm going to run a 5 speed cassette in the sierra (proper mountains) and a 34 tooth offers a better range of gears.

not too worn




work and play

fun bike stuff on the left and my pile of worksheets, lesson plans and comics for private tuition on the right. Currently got 7 students doing 8 hours of lessons a week, pays the bills...

No comments: