Well as ever things haven't quite gone to plan. Carla spoke to Orange last night about cutting us off as when she called a month ago they said just give them a ring when we were leaving. However, last night they said we needed to put it in writing 15 days before we left! Carla spoke to seeral people to no avail and ended up getting properly pissed off when they implied she was lying about her first phonecall. A letter is being written but it's entirely inkeeping with how shite customer service is here generally and how cack Orange are in particular.
I also spent an hour on the phone with student loan flk asking what it was they wanted as 'evidence of my partner's temporary work abroad' but the chap I spoke to had no idea. Some persuasion and a long time on hold and I eventually got the answers I needed* but an hour today plus 2 calls where I was on hold for 15 minutes will make a hell of a mark on our phone bill, let's hope it was worth it.
On a positive note yesterday's ride was ace and had planned to get up early and get a final pedal in but being tired as hell last night meant I was more than happy to stay in bed until half 10 this morning. So I changed my address at the bank, registered my details with vodafone (some new Spanish law) and had a look at trains to and from Derby and Escocia then spent an hour on the phone to student loan people. Now I'm packing a bike indoors with no air con and it's 34 degrees outside and my mates are at the pool :( Very, very tempted to get another pedal in but experience has taught me that an already angry Carla plus gratuitous bike riding only equals a world of pain for dave. Ah well, thanks Madrid you were fun to pedal in. Besitos x
No comments:
Post a Comment