Sadly for our latest visitors, Carli and Zarka, the rain in Spain is mostly falling around our house :( Ah well at least there are plenty of bars and cultural treats to sample. Although the above picture demonstrates that even with stunning places like the Reina Sofia to visit and great weather my persistent picture taking can harden even the most laidback personality. At the moment I should really be finishing my English lesson plans but I'm easily distracted what with the cold and having not thrown a leg over the bike in almost a fortnight. Gonna go for a pedal tomorrow regardless of weather (amn't I a brave wee fellow?)
I've noticed that with 2 female guests at casa de carla the bathroom has taken on quite a different personality; rather than smelling 'bearable' and being slightly nausea inducing [clearly this is due to Carla's ablutions not my own] it now smells like the perfume counter at House of Fraser and contains enough cleaning products that we could open our own branch of Boots. Not that I'm complaining.
Had another proper Saturday and I'm starting to get used to it. Almost since I left school I've had a job where I had to work at weekends and to be honest I quite enjoyed it, I like being able to mooch about town when it's quiet through the week. However, since moving here I've had my weekends free and I'm getting a taste for it; seeing Carla during the day, going for rides with mates and generally just indulging in proper 'weekend' stuff has been cool.
In other news, G has been under the knife (finally!) only to find the floating bit of bone isn't an issue and they're gonna leave it there?! Isn't science woNDeRful? He *might* be fighting fit for the ssuk but I'm advocating a recover [drink] first, ride later policy- I just don't want the bastard lapping me with a gammy arm.
No comments:
Post a Comment