At last.
My first ride of 2008 no less! Finally got to swing my leg over a bike today, very kindly lent to me by one of our newest acquaintances, Sandra. Yup, I was riding a girl's bike. It was a-mazing. I needed to put the seatpost up a bit but it was so, so good just to be turning the pedals again. Admittedly Alex could have torn my legs off but thankfully he had been on a club ride the day prior, thank god because quite frankly I was suffering, methinks the single speed shall be shelved for the time being and I'll be using all 5 of my gears on the ferrous. Which may be out sooner than thought, although it depends heavily on the kindness of others. Now that would be awesome.
The ride was dry, dusty and even sunny but I think even if it was raining cats and dogs I would still have been delighted. No pictures though as I was too busy smiling and hurting. Rolled back to Alex's after a couple hours to sink some pizza and actual Italian coffee. (You have no idea how welcome both were after a distinct lack of either.) So all in all probably my best day here thus far, simple things and all that. Start Spanish lessons tomorrow too, 4 hours a day for 9 days. *gulp*
No comments:
Post a Comment