Tuesday, 19 June 2007

what the f u c k ?

What a week! Was planning to post a single speed race report but I'll have to summarise: Chris and I attacked Matt the spaz at the race start I sat on him while Chris stole and threw away one of his shoes, we then attacked him out on the course chargin him down despite gruesome hangovers from the night before [sidenote on the night before: plenty cider, free hotdogs- "we work in the bike trade, we pay for nothing" was the battle cry, bike jousting, more cider inc Dr Jon's downin a half pint before you get a full pint rule, watching Alec take the full force of an impact with a van so he could steer Chops' steed away to safety, getting free Bonty stuff, watching Dr Jon joust unsuspecting (non-single speed) bystanders and trying to navigate our way back to our tent and then trying to sleep through Chris' IMMENSE snoring.] So it was after I threw up twice and struggled to stay upright and Chris strained to be able to move without getting cramp that we dragged ourselves to the startline. However seeing the cocky wee bugger fired us right up and we both made it through a lap (though i spent most of it alone after getting my crotchless jeans caught on my saddle and upending trying to pass someone) It was all good and an a-mazing weekend all in all, drinking, riding, mates-what else can you ask for?

So it was with total nonchalance that i checked my results on Thursday night, more trying to determine what I got for my dissertation rather than any expectations of a finding an overall mark (Joint Honours course put up results at different times it seems) I was dumbstruck when I found this:



I called Carla and got her to check and the Alec for the same reason. I still can't take it in and I won't believe it until I get my bit of paper next week. Haven't had a big night for that reason but been in the pub last few nights and ride today was great fun. The day after my graduation I fly to Riga for my brother to be's stag do, the day I get back I have my Grad Ball. It's gonna be very very messy, I can't wait.

This is my fixie, even Carla likes it.

1 comment:

G said...

nice use of the grab tool