Saturday, 15 November 2008

that wasn't meant to happen

Got back from riding yesterday and threw my kit in the washing machine, contemplated cleaning the camelbak but as I'm planning on riding again tomorrow figured drying it on the line would suffice. Emptied most of the contents and got some big pegs to clip it on (our washing line is outside the bedroom window) as I clipped the first one then turned to get the next, you guessed it, the bugger jettisoned itself free of the line. We live on the 6th floor so I was a bit nervous as to what may happen and watched as it clattered the washing line below us (don't break it, don't break it!) then the one below that (don't break it, don't break it) before coming to rest on the whirlygig of the 3rd floor flat. Standing in a towel I tried to form the sentence in Spanish to explain what had just happened. The best I could muster amounted to: 'sorry but my bag is here.' Not that informative or helpful really so I called Carla. When she stopped laughing she said she would ask when she got home. However, the owner/tenant wasn't in and hasn't been back (we left a note and I can still see the bag on the whirlygig) so it's still there.

Bugger.






[EDIT] Carla would like me to point out she drew her moustache without the aid of a mirror.

No comments: