Went for first ride in 3 weeks after making a few changes to the ferrous. Stuck a 90mm stem on instead of the 100 that I'd been using but although feels easier to loft the front and spritely it's a bit too lively and when climbing it feels too short, so going back to the 100 tomorrow. Also changed the ratio from 18 tooth to 16 at the back, makes it much more of a grunt and grimace affair uphill but it rips on anything flattish. Hard work but I'll persevere to try and get some leg strength for when I finally get up to the sierra. Apparently changes to cog size have a greater impact than chainring size?
Finally and most successfully I got my 2.4 mountain king tubeless on upfront. It rocks. Partly, I suspect, because it's tubeless but also because with the rigid fork a big volume tyre makes a hell of a difference especially on the hard packed ground round here. That's it really, only rode for couple hours as it was so hot and because I remembered halfway round that I'd left the front window open. D'oh.
No comments:
Post a Comment