Friday, 9 May 2008

home


My flight back to Madrid was delayed so didn't get home until 2am and was at work for 10 still, I finish at half 1 so it wasn't the end of the world ;) Got my stuff packed away then sat down to entertain myself with the above for the remainder of the day. Bars are on but need to get a longer hose for the rear brake and bleed it, how do you say brake hose in Spanish? Plumbers are here this morning which is a stark reminder of how little Spanish I speak (and also how much I've learnt since arriving) and starts to raise questions of where home is. Throughout my trip back to the motherland I kept citing the weather as a major factor as to why it's so nice to live here but since being greeted by rain on my return I've started to question why or what it is that makes us enjoy it here. As I type the sun has started to emerge! I'll mull the question before attempting an answer and as to where it leads us both metaphoricaly and literally time will tell.

I took advantage of the beard my trip had given me to freak out Carla and Lizzie with my cowboy/porn star 'tache. (it lasted 15 minutes)

1 comment:

Alec said...

That's awesome! Although it needs twisted and a wee goatie