Tuesday, 6 February 2007

so near, so far

I'm almost at the end of my degree (update for those not aware I'm studying Scottish Literature and Comparative literature) I feel like I've been in Uni forever and I'll be glad to finally leave, although I'm sure a day later I'll want to go back. Which i may do....Im really feeling it now as every day seems a chore, not helped by total inadequacy on the part of some departments and my own inability to write a good essay. Nontheless I have made several good friends and i will be sad to leave the lenient timetabling behind but getting a day off at the same time as my lover will be amazing. I wish had something more inspiring to say but after an excellent weekend at work and eating and drinking far too much with Zarka and Carli Im starting to wane.

Carli's mum, however, raised the point that our generation of students have done nothing internationally despite protestations. She attributed it to the fact that she had been given a grant whereas today students have to pay back their loan and are therefore far more accepting of a capitalist society. Riveting stuff and the copius amounts of wine only served to make contributions all the louder. Brilliant.

No comments: