Saturday, 6 August 2011

hurt locker

Sort of. Need to ramp up the training for the marathon in 5 weeks, actually I just need to do some training first and foremost. Managed a 90 min run on Monday then a 45 min run yesterday (Friday) which was reasonable given night shifts etc but I knew I had to up the ante. So dragged myself out for a 14 mile run this evening which I'm relatively happy with. Was really flagging in the last half hour but managed to focus enough to get round in just under 2 hours, I think if can get 4 runs a week over the next month I might be in with a shout of a decent time. Not sure I can run again tomorrow however, don't think the joints will take it well but possibly a jaunt on the road bike might keep things ticking over or if I can scrape a lift then some open water swimming.

No comments: