Wednesday, 15 June 2011

still around

It's been a long, long time since I posted anything more than a few words. This post will be no different but I fully intend to write up my first ever tri races. (a sprint tri as a dress rehearsal then a middle distance as the real deal) I had the stirrings of maybe an ironman this year at the back of my mind, if i could find the time to keep my training up, but a back injury that almost saw me drop out of the middle distance the physio has shut the door on any lengthy bike rides. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity again before I finish uni but I doubt it.

Plus a few words about the first clinical phase of my training. It's only been 4 months but I feel quite different to when I started, consultants still have the power to intimidate* but I feel at least a smidgen more confident in presenting a history (if not reporting a full examination with any authority-was that basal creps? Bronchial breathing?)

Anyway exams kick off on Monday then 2 and a half weeks holiday, including a week sat by a pool in Morocco, before it all starts again. This time with Obs and Gynae where I'll be a *gulp* 4th year.....



*I assume consultants will always have that power

No comments: