Sunday, 25 April 2010

rollin'

Ah that feels better. Did a bit of work this morning and then procrastinated for hours while the weather did a great Glasgow impression before finally shifting my arse and getting the cross bike out. Brake pads are almost invisible and chain was a bit slack but theres not much in the local wood to justify taking the superfly out (and i still havent got he bolts on it yet)

Cracking weather even had to whip off the merino (woodland animals heard vomiting around this time, at least those not blinded by the sweaty monsoon) and only issue was chain slipping and getting baggier. Thought not too much of it, to be fair my tiny tool* turned out not to be up to the task and I had no choice but to plough on so inevitably I dropped the chain on a descent. Knocked about for a while longer before taking the long descent I normally climb up to get to the road quickly. Slight mistake. I've always thought it would make a fun descent but also knew that walkers and horse riders use it plus it has a couple of unsighted corners and cross brakes aren't that great at the best of times. Annnnyway I rattled my bloody teeth out and my plan to angle the bike into the hill side in order to slow it down did fuck all and I ended up doing a mini huck come anal sphincter tightening exercise to clear a faceplanting rock.** Still I made it in one piece and aside from when I hit mud so deep my front wheel dived so far and so quicky underneath me that I found myself standing in front of my bike dismounted. (seriously, christ knows what happened)

So it turns out 3 days being flogged by Lance and Jan Ullrich*** in a skirt does help you find both your riding mojo and your riding legs. Bravo chaps!

*You know what they say about a man with a tiny tool-tiny bolts

**We've all seen them, unsuspecting buggers lurking on a trail until at the last moment you realise they're little wheel breaking face planting fuckers. This applies to tree stumps in Chris' case.

***I forgot to mention in the last post how Alec rode like Lance all weekend rather than his ginger haired nemesis. Chris receives no special mention as he has clearly been doping for years.

No comments: