Thursday, 31 December 2009

roll on 2010

We're only hours away from 2010 now but rather than becoming increasingly lubricated by booze with friends I'm recovering from a stomach bug. Andy and Kirsty have both been ill and Mum and Stuart are still ill so it could have been much worse I should be thankful that it only lasted a day or so but even so it seems a pants way to end the year. Quite a year too. There were undoubtedly ups, getting into med school at the 11th hour and becoming course president were pretty awesome, but the year seemed punctuated by familial health concerns and more recently a loans company screw up which means I'm 2 grand worse off than I was a month ago. Anyway 2009 is on its way out and that means, in theory at least, a fresh start awaits. And for the first time I can remember I am making some New Year's resolutions:

More blogging A quick scan shows I've only managed to get the half the posts up this year that I did in 2008, hopefully I can change that in 2010

At least 2 runs or rides every week Ok not the most ambitious training plan particularly given some blogs I read aim for 5000km cycling in a year but given that my achilles heel is consistency and time is limited i'm aiming low and playing the long game.

Go to the cinema every month
Another thing I'm good at chatting about but not actually doing

I'm sure there was at least one more, ah well!

No comments: