Monday, 12 January 2009

unfuckingbelievable

Got home from a mixed bag of a day at around 9 to find an email from Newcastle Uni subject line: interview. Nice one I was thinking when the sledgehammer blow that is my luck (boiling hot or freezing cold I have yet to experience anything between feast and famine) struck me with the words:

Dear Mr McCrear,
You were scheduled to attend an interview at Newcastle University this afternoon at 3.30pm. It has come to my attention that you did not attend. Please contact me regarding this matter as soon as possible.
Yours sincerely,


What....





......the.......





FUCK!

read and re-read it's still reverberating in my head, how is this even possible? I had called Nottingham whilst at home over Christmas to avoid a similar fate, why can these people only email after the event? Must stop seething as need to sleep and call them first thing in the morning, well first thing for the UK which is about lunchtime here (thereby missing more work) I'm starting to think if I don't make it in it was never meant to be. And if I do it better be bloody brilliant.* In other news, a bus wouldn't let me off at my stop today because I hadn't rung the wee bell (despite me standing at the door waiting to get off, making eye contact with the driver and being pretty obvious at the stop being the one I wanted off at) and then later a bus stopped to let me on then thought better of it and drove off! I also nearly broke my neck after sliding on ice whilst saying hello to some of my students at school and was given a cracking bottle of red wine by one of my students' parents. Like I said I don't fuck about when it comes to luck, when it rains it's a bloody monsoon.





*I think it will so fingers crossed, eh?

No comments: